Honour’s Bachelor of Commerce, Queen’s University; Kingston, ON, 2013
Exchange with Lund School of Economics and Management; Lund, Sweden, 2012
Specialization in Marketing
Certifications: Design Thinking, Harvard University, 2017; Pragmatic Marketing Level 2 Certified, 2016
Customer Experience Marketing Manager: FreshBooks; Toronto, ON, 2017 – Current
- Focuses on cross-sell strategies, with a specific focus on online payments marketing
Product Marketing Manager, Innovation & Product Development: Meridian Credit Union; Toronto, ON, 2017
- Focused on company-wide innovation and new product development with a marketing strategy lense.
- Piloted multiple insurance and mortgage programs, using multiple levels of feedback to successfully implement features, products and offers.
- Experience writing business cases and in scoping discussions cross-functionally for new and disruptive lending products.
- Launched Friends and Family mortgage.
Product Marketing Manager, Retail Lending Products: Meridian Credit Union; Toronto, ON, 2015 – 2017
- Developed and owned strategic marketing plans and executed all campaigns for lending products (including loans, lines of credit and mortgages).
- Wrote the Millennial 5 year growth strategy for Meridian alongside a team of 5 executive leaders, as well as 2016 and 2017 product roadmaps.
- Consistently monitored competitive promotions and took both a reactive and proactive approach mortgage campaign, leading multiple price adjustments to both hero and supporting products, and product re-positioning resulting in beating 2015 plan numbers.
- Worked with Segmentation team to analyze Member-level (customer-level) panel data and Member (customer) feedback to produce actionable insights.
- Consistently lead multiple campaigns cross-functionally, managing multiple teams including Segmentation and Analytics, Digital, Operations, Marketing Communications, Sales and Finance.
- Managed multiple test and learn direct mail campaigns, resulting in increased sell rates (up to 10%).
- Assisting in development of new website and web-based product purchase and applications.
“[Sarah] led multiple projects, often adeptly at the same time, using her cross-functional relationships to move programs forward and was able to manage everyone’s perspectives expertly.” – Carolyn Devic, Manager, 2017
Sr. Merchandise Business Analyst, Target Canada Co.; Toronto, ON, 2014-2015
- Implemented innovation segmentation and allocation strategy to enhance the process of new Movie product launches resulting in 20% higher sales on new products and more accurate forecasts.
- Worked alongside external vendors to develop and execute events and promotional activities including social media and flyer presence, in store promotions and markdowns and weekly analysis.
- Managed multiple vendor relationships to assist in assortment decisions and jointly developed pricing strategies with the buyer.
- Managed a summer intern.
- Managed a $60MM Open-to-Buy budget.
“As a strategic and innovative leader, Sarah consistently sought solutions to challenges and difficulties…Sarah led successful Frozen DVD/BD launch at Target Canada, achieving #1 market share nationwide in sales… Sarah is a natural leader, team player and would contribute to the success of any company” – Roman Savchenko, Manager, 2015
Merchandise Business Analyst, Target Canada Co.; Target, ON, 2013-2014
- Coordinated and analyzed supply chain logistics for various product categories which included managing the category flyer forecasts, new product forecasts, segmentation and decay rates, inventory buying as well as tracking and performance analytics.
- Managed multiple vendor relationships to execute joint strategies.
Experience with Nielsen MarketTrack, JDA ProSpace/Data Manager, JDA Forecast and Replenishment, SAP, MS Office (including Access).